[Mristudio-users] [Fwd: short course]

Pedersen, Steen E. sepeders at texaschildrens.org
Tue Jan 21 17:55:58 EST 2014

Dear Support
                First, thanks for writing such a powerful and useful set of programs. I have a question regarding the mouse brain atlas maps.

The segmentation of the mouse brain appears very useful. I am processing data from a number of users doing mouse brain. Unfortunately, for each experiment, the exact dimensions of each set of scans can vary as can the mouse age.
    I have been using the mouse atlas for registration to a standard mouse so as to compare groups of mice objectively. This is fine, and I can resample the standard mice easily in diffeomap.
                My question is whether there is a simple way to resample the segmentation maps for the mouse brain. This would give me a powerful way to quickly get detailed information back to the user. I can resample the raw ROI data, but I lose the label information (ei - the objects become "object 1, object 2, etc" instead of "hippocampus-L, hippocampus-R, etc".
Other than typing it in each time, is there a way to import the labels into ROIeditor to get them back? I have tried using a new header, but it doesn't seem to preserve the object labels.

If there is a more detailed manual for ROIeditor, I would greatly appreciate a pointer for it as I see it being a very useful tool for my work.

Thank you,
Steen Pedersen
(registered email: pedersen at bcm.edu)

Steen E. Pedersen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Small Animal Imaging Facility

Phone: 832-824-3399
Cell: 713-726-0041
email: sepeders at texaschildrens.org

Feigin Center, Room C.0200.02
Texas Childrens Hospital
1102 Bates St., Houston, TX 77030

éala éarendel engla beorhtast

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
 The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
 privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
 authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
 copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
 the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you
 have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
 notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
 from your computer system.  Thank you.