[Mristudio-users] Skull stripping

Dorian P. alb.net at gmail.com
Sun May 25 15:38:23 EDT 2014

Hi Shaimaa,

If you did not get help on this, I think skull stripping helps. Those are
voxels that we don't really need to have a part in the calculation (and
they are not just part of the skull but inferior soft tissues as well).

I used to do skull stripping by coregistering the T1 on FA, running
segmentation of T1, and creating a mask of CSF and white matter. Then just
multiply the mask with the FA. This can even be done automatically with a
batch.

Dorian
TJU