[Mristudio-users] effect of TE on FA

Dorian Pustina albnet at gmail.com
Thu May 15 19:06:34 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

My understanding/experience is that longer TE reduces signal (or SNR). The
effect you mention is not surprising however. There is a paper Dr. Mori has
mentioned before, which shows that poor SNR has the effect of increasing
FA. You can search the archives on this. The increase affects areas with
low FA while those with normally high FA are less affected. In theory
having lower TE is better, but from my experience it comes a point around
60ms where eddy currents become clearly visible.