[Mristudio-users] effect of TE on FA

Mark Wagshul Mark.Wagshul at einstein.yu.edu
Thu May 15 17:54:05 EDT 2014

Does anyone have data on this?  I have been able to find a limited number of papers.  There is a reference to a "dataset #4" of DTI data with varying TE's on the mBIRN site but I can't find the data on the site.  We have a pretty large dataset from over 60 relatively normal individuals (minimal to very mild TBI) with two DTI datasets at different TE's (65 vs. 84ms, same b-value) which seem to be showing the opposite effect from what we would expecting (FA is decreasing with TE, since the diffusion times are longer with the longer TE set, we would expect FA to increase).  I would appreciate comments, or like to know if anyone has any good data on these effects.  Thanks,

Mark

Mark Wagshul, PhD
Associate Professor
Gruss Magnetic Resonance Research Center
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Bronx, NY 10461
Ph: 718-430-4011<tel:718-430-4011>
Email: mark.wagshul at einstein.yu.edu<mailto:mark.wagshul at einstein.yu.edu>