[Mristudio-users] DTI & clinical featues of Lewy Body Spectrum Disease Grant

susanne steinberg susanne.steinberg45 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 20:01:36 EST 2013

Hello Again

I thought I would include the start I made on the DTI protocol.

We will acquire a two diffusion sequences (80 axial slices, voxel size 2 mm
isotropic, TR/TE=11000/75 ms, 64 gradient directions, b = 1000 s/mm2 and b =
3000 s/mm2).

Diffusion Imaging Data Analysis: Diffusion models will be fitted to the data
using standard approached in the field (FSL motion correction, noise
filtering and model reconstruction). Fractional anisotropy and diffusivity
maps will be computed for each of the subjects after registration to the Eve
DTI template. Group-wise voxel-based analysis will identify regions
implicated in the disorder. In addition, the integrity of the tracts such as
anterior, inferior and posterior limbs of the internal capsule, inferior
fronto-occipital fasciculus, superior longitudinal fasciculus (prefrontal
area), inferior longitudinal fasciculus (precuneus), cingulum bundle and
corpus callossum (splenium, genu), posterior thalamic radiation, anterior,
superior & posterior corona radiata and the fornix will be investigated
using fiber tracking and measures of anisotropy and diffusivity computed
along these tracts.

Please assist. Thank-you Susanne