[Mristudio-users] dti roi problem

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Aug 9 08:36:17 EDT 2012

Your question have two parts;

1) How to use the software to draw ROI: The ROI drawing function of
DtiStudio is limited. I would suggest you to download RoiEditor from
www.mristudio.org, which has more advanced ROI drawing functions.
2) How to anatomically define structures: White matter structures can be
better identified by FA and color-coded maps. For gray matter structures,
it depends. For the cortex, DTI may not have enough resolution to define
it. Structures such as the caudate, thalamus, hippo, amyg could be better
defined by b0 and diffusion-weighted images than FA.

You may want to learn automated segmentation tools using DiffeoMap and
RoiEditor in www.mristudio.org, which can incorporate both FA and b0 images
to define many brain structures automatically.

Susumu