[Mristudio-users] Question about fiber coordinate

李卫娜 lwn_07 at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Apr 24 21:53:55 EDT 2012

Thanks susumu! Thanks Hangyi!
Best regards.

Weina
2012-4-25

--- 12年4月25日,周三, susumu mori <susumu at mri.jhu.edu> 写道:

发件人: susumu mori <susumu at mri.jhu.edu>
主题: Re: [Mristudio-users] Question about fiber coordinate
收件人: "DTI Studio, ROI Editor, DiffeoMap Questions/Support" <mristudio-users at mristudio.org>, "Hangyi Jiang" <hjiang at jhmi.edu>
日期: 2012年4月25日,周三,上午6:59

Hi Weina,

There are two types of data formats for fiber tracking. The "raw" format of the fiber tracking is streamline information. For example, if you get 10 lines, you have 10 streamline information. Each streamline contains information of sequential coordinates. These coordinates use floating point coordinates as you saw. This is why streamline looks much more high resolution than raw images. We artificially increase the resolution to draw the streamlines. FAQ#1 describes how the streamline information is stored. If you store your results as this streamline information, you can later edit the results like removing some lines by the "NOT" operation.

The second format is the "image" format. In this format, the streamline information is converted to a binary (1/0) masking image. If your image is 256x256x50, then this binary image also has 256x256x50. In this image, pixels that contain the streamlines get "1" and others get "0". Once the streamlines are converted to this binary image format, you can't edit anymore.

I think Hangyi will explain what exactly is 'xyzPtROI'.

Susumu