[Mristudio-users] some question about diffeomap

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Wed Dec 14 07:27:03 EST 2011

Hi sd,

When we do multi-channel, you submit two different images from the same
subject. For example, if you did DTI, you can get b0 image, FA image, MD
image, etc.

If you submit two FA images; one from the atlas and one from your patient
data, it is "single-channel" LDDMM.

If you submit FA and b0; FA & b0 from the atlas and FA & b0 from your
patient data, it is "multi-channel" LDDMM.

The multi-channel LDDMM may give you more accurate registration between the
atlas and the subject. Both single and multi-channel LDDMM give you only
one set of Hmap/Kimap to match the atlas and subject images.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Susumu