[Mristudio-users] help for DTI FA map

Dresner, Alex alex.dresner at philips.com
Mon Jun 13 23:49:16 EDT 2011

Dear Chunxiang,
Your email was probably bounced because of the size of the attachment.  (You can try just sending the text as an e-mail to find out.)

Your steps sound correct.  It's possible that the AIR is taking out the first slice because of motions or misregistration between volumes, and this could be a problem with your last slice as well.  I don't have much experience with AIR myself yet, but is there a step to apply the AIR registration to the gradient table?  Your FA images certainly look 'cleaner' after the AIR process, so it definitely seems worthwhile.  As far as the correctness of the gradients, are the colors in the color FA map correct (Color Map 0: red corpus callosum, green optic radiations)?

Regards,
Alex