[Mristudio-users] Probability atlas ?

Tejasvi Ramanand tejasviramanand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 22:21:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

 I am new to the field of DTI. I am trying to use probability atlas for some
data analysis.
 I downloaded the JHU atlas from the FSL website.
 There are 2 JHU White matter atlases.
 1)JHU ICBM-DTI-81 White-Matter Labels
 2) JHU White-Matter Tractography Atlas

 From what I understand JHU White-Matter Tractography Atlas, is a
probability atlas.
 So, for every voxel in each tract (20 tracts) specified  there should be a
0 to 1 probability value.
 This probability will determine the probability of that voxel belonging to
that particular tract.
 But, where could I find the probability values?
 When I use DTIStudio to open the atlas, all I could see as the intensity
are the indexes that are given for each tract.

   -  Please let me know if I am using the wrong atlas?

           (or) How I could find the probability values of the tracts?

   -  What is the difference between these files
   JHU-ICBM-tracts-maxprob-thr50-2mm.nii.gz  and

           JHU-ICBM-tracts-maxprob-thr25-2mm.nii.gz

Thanks in advance.