[Mristudio-users] Theory Image Tool

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Sun Oct 31 07:40:01 EDT 2010

It depends on how you use this tool. For example, after you start tensor
calculation, you get an initial "DTI Map Option" window, in which you can
find two checkboxes at the lower left corner saying "create ,,,,,". If you
proceed to "standard linear fitting", then you should get one row of theory
image and another row of error (subtracted) images.

In this window, if you choose to use "pixel rejection", instead of "standard
linear fitting", you get 3 options in "Verify the results" section. Here we
recommend to use "binary mask" instead of "error map". If you choose "binary
mask", the bottom row is not error maps, but showing which pixels were
rejected due to large errors.

If you case, I suspect your images did not contain obvious outliers and
therefore the bottom row images are mostly blank.