[Mristudio-users] DTI method: VBA, MRIstudio vs. TBSS

Longmm miaomiaolong at 126.com
Thu May 13 10:44:32 EDT 2010

actually, the most amazing part of a good research is new techniqe, or fact, or idea from an well established traditional stable experiment or design , or facts.

在2010-05-13 20:07:52,"lion gao" <gaolion at gmail.com> 写道:

Dear Experts,

I have one part of my thesis on DTI data analysis. The method I used is the voxel-based analysis (VBA) and I tried MRIstudio as well. One of the examiners pointed out that track-based spatial statistics (TBSS), as a state of art way, should have been considered.

I am familiar with TBSS, only know that it may reduce systemic mis-registration inVBA and increasing papers published with the method. I am not sure whether:
1. VBA has become “out of date”,
2. and TBSS has become a “golden standard” for DTI data analysis.

Can someone help to justify the situation or defense a little bit? Thank you very much in advance!

Best wishes,

Gao