[Mristudio-users] DTI method: VBA, MRIstudio vs. TBSS

lion gao gaolion at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:07:52 EDT 2010

Dear Experts,

I have one part of my thesis on DTI data analysis. The method I used is the
voxel-based analysis (VBA) and I tried MRIstudio as well. One of the
examiners pointed out that track-based spatial statistics (TBSS), as a state
of art way, should have been considered.

I am familiar with TBSS, only know that it may reduce systemic
mis-registration inVBA and increasing papers published with the method. I am
not sure whether:
1. VBA has become “out of date”,
2. and TBSS has become a “golden standard” for DTI data analysis.

Can someone help to justify the situation or defense a little bit? Thank you
very much in advance!

Best wishes,

Gao