[Mristudio-users] Reference for AIR in DTI Studio

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Tue Apr 27 09:35:30 EDT 2010

Cross-contrast image registration is always difficult. This applies for
regular intra-data DTI image registration in which DWIs are registered to
b0. If you have aDWI, the contrasts between two images will be much closer
and co-registration may work better, but in theory, you can not correct the
eddy current for which b0 is used as the non-distorted reference, although
modern scanners should not have much eddy current distortion anymore.

Another issue you need to worry is that aDWI may contain motion-caused
mis-registration in it. Then aDWI may not be a good reference.

If you haven't read DtiStudioUpdate.doc in
https://www.mristudio.org/wiki/changelog/dtistudio-3.0.2, please study it,
although it doesn't completely answer your question.