[Mristudio-users] GE 15 gradient table

miguel.burgaleta at uam.es miguel.burgaleta at uam.es
Sun Sep 27 13:31:02 EDT 2009

Hi Susumu,

I'm sorry but what I was trying to mean is if I can trust the gradient
table whose values come from the DICOM headers.

I have 2 gradient tables: one from the manufacturer (medium GE) and
one from the DICOM headers. When I use the former I get wrong
colormaps (I have validated this with other software), but when I use
the latter, the colormaps *seem* to be OK (red corpus callosum,
symmetric colors).

So the question is: even if the CC is solid red and the colormap is
symmetric, is it still possible that the gradient table is wrong?
Since I am a beginner I am not able to see it just by looking at the
colormap.

I know this is a basic question, perhaps beyond the scope of this
list. So any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Miguel