[Mristudio-users] Re-orienting DTI data

Igor Korolev korolevi at msu.edu
Wed Jan 21 07:05:14 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

While in the scanner, some of our subjects had their heads tilted, resulting
in DTI volumes that are out of standard orientation. We want to rotate the
DTI volumes into standard orientation (i.e. with AC-PC line as the
horizontal). I understand this can be done by co-registering the data to a
template in Landmarker, but this requires normalization of the original
data. Is there a way to re-orient the data in MRI Studio, for instance
relative to a user-defined AC-PC line, without normalizing data (as we want
to preserve original dimensions in the data)?

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Igor

--