[Mristudio-users] Fiber tracking after updating in landmarker

Priti Srinivasan Srinivasan at kennedykrieger.org
Fri Apr 18 16:57:11 EDT 2008

Hi All,

My goal is to do fiber tracking after registering my target to the MNI template and as per your advice I did the following.

1. Created and the tensor.d file from the Dtimap tab in DTI studio.
2. Registered the tensor image to the MNI space in Landmarker.
3. Saved the updated tensor image.
4. Re-opened DTI studio and opened a DWI image (not warped to the MNI template) and used the open.d option and opened the tensor image to recalculate all the vectors, ADC and FA images

Result: White lines against a black background.

5. Re-opened DTI studio and opened a DWI image (that was warped to MNI template using) landmarker and used the open.d option (as I assumed it must have been a problem with the dimensions) to recalculate my images

Results: Weird images not like the one before but it looked more like a distorted image matrix. All the recalculated images looked like this.

Any suggestion on where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Priti

Good question. It is a bit complicated because you can't open a tensor file
directly by DtiStudio.

1) First you need to open a scalar image file such as FA, ADC, DWI, b0 with
the same image dimension. Usually one of those images of the same subject.

2) Once you get the image opened in a viewing window, you can find the
"Open.d" button at the right column. Click this button.

3) A new dialog window shows up. Make sure that all the dimensions and voxel
sizes are correct and specify the "DtiStudio" format.

4) Don't forget to click a check box saying "Get eigen-value/vectors,,,,".
Specify the file name.

5) Click "ok". This will load your tensor file and recalculate all the
scalar images and vector images.

Please let me know if you have any question.