[Mristudio-users] Compatibility issue with opening CATNAP tensor images in DTI studio

Priti Srinivasan Srinivasan at kennedykrieger.org
Fri Apr 18 17:07:36 EDT 2008

I also have a couple of other questions.

1. If this problem is solved and I get the updated set of images in DTIstudio, then which files should I specifically save for fiber tracking. (I know that we need .fa and .vec file for fiber tracking). I am assuming that I should save the FA image and the Eigen vector image (0 or 1 or 2 or all the three togather). Are my assumptions correct?

2. If I do the motion correction and preprocessing using CATNAP  (As I am not comfortable with detecting the motion manually), the output gives me all the images that I get in DTIstudio in the native space. I imported all the images from CATNAP to DTI studio and created a tensor.d file using all the tensor image matrices. Then I reopened a DWI image in landmarker and opened this tensor matrix created using CATNAP images (using the open.d option). These tensor images are blank screens (black, white, different grayscales for each tensor image..no image was present). But when I open a tensor.d file for the same subject created using DTI studio from scratch it gives me all the images perfectly. Is this a compatibility issue between the softwares. If so is there any means to solve this issue?

Thanks for all the help,

Priti

Disclaimer:
The materials in this e-mail are private and may contain Protected Health Information. Please note that e-mail is not necessarily confidential or secure. Your use of e-mail constitutes your acknowledgment of these confidentiality and security limitations. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return e-mail.