[Mristudio-users] Analyze ROIs

Graeme Schwindt graeme.schwindt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:28:19 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am a new DTIStudio user, and am experiencing some confusion regarding ROI
data formats. I have two issues:

1) I would like to import ROIs drawn in MRICro (analyze format) into
ROIEditor for statistics calculation,  However, it appears that ROIEditor
will not read the analyze files, and gives an roi header file open error. It
also refers to a .roihdr file in the error, rather than a .hdr file. Is
there anyway to solve this issue?

2) I would also like to import ROIs into DTIStudio fiber tracking, in order
to delinate seed and target ROIs for tracking of fibers. I noticed an
earlier mailing list post about using ROIEditor to make these ROIs, and then
save them as binary map files for the fiber tracking ROI module in
dtistudio. I did this, and the file was saved as a .dat file by ROIEditor.
However, then when I went to load the roi in dtistudio's fiber tracking tab
in binary map format, it was asking for a .map file. I  forced it to open
the binary map file I had saved in ROIEditor (ending in _map.dat), and while
it appeared to load, it did not appear on the image, nor did any fibers
appear when the 'selected' radio button was highlighted. I feel I must be
making some simple mistake here.

Thanks for any help or advice and for supporting this mailing list!

Graeme

--
Graeme C. Schwindt, HBSc
MD/PhD Student