[Mristudio-users] ADC values decrease with increasing b-values

Gustav Andreisek gustav at andreisek.de
Fri Apr 4 00:08:57 EDT 2008

Dear All,

We imaged a cohort of volunteers at different b-values and determined the
ADC values. We found decreasing ADC with increasing b-values. This would be
in accordance to the literature, as long as we can assume that DTIstudio
does not automatically uses a correction factor for varying SNR at different
diffusion weightings (Dietrich O, Heiland S, Sartor K. Noise correction for
the exact determination of apparent diffusion coefficients at low SNR. Magn
Reson Med 2001; 45:448-453.).

Is that true?

Best regards and greetings from Canada,

Gustav

Gustav Andreisek, M.D.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Department of Medical Imaging, 5th Floor

Mount Sinai Hospital and the University Health Network

University of Toronto

600 University Ave

Toronto, ON, M5G 1X5

Canada