[Mristudio-users] Research Fellow for Pediatric NeuroImaging Genetics and Epigenetics

Anqi Qiu anqi at cis.jhu.edu
Thu Jan 14 22:19:40 EST 2016

A prospective, longitudinal birth mother-offspring cohort study (Growing
Up in Singapore Towards Health Outcomes; GUSTO) study provides a unique
opportunity to investigate 1) gene-environment influence on cognitive and
brain development; 2) the regulation of epigenetic memory on the
development of children’s mental health. GUSTO establishes the intense
assessment of cognition, emotional, brain imaging, genetics and
epigenetics from infancy onwards and environmental measurements, such as
maternal mental health, nutrition, social support etc. This is  a
longitudinal study that started in 2009. We now have collected infant
brain images at multiple time points, cognitive behavior data at multiple
time points, genotyping data, and epigenetic data at multiple time points.

We are now seeking researchers who are interested in mining GUSTO data at
all levels. We aim to identify new markers characterizing environmental,
genetic, and cognitive factors and hence explaining epigenetic markers and
children’s mental health.  The position includes opportunities to apply
novel computational models to high-dimensional data sets and develop
expertise in 'big data' analysis in neuroscience and to work within a
highly multidisciplinary research setting that includes expertise in
bioinformatics and biostatistics.
Requirements:
·       PhD on cognitive or affective neuroscience, neuroimaging,
bioinformatics, computer vision, statistics, or relevant field
·       Experience on mining high dimensional data
·       Good communication in English language
·       English writing skill is a must.

If you are interested in the jobs listed above, please send your CV to
Associate Prof. Anqi QIU
Department of Biomedical Engineering
National University of Singapore
Email: bieqa at nus.edu.sg