[Mristudio-users] Volumes in ROIEditor template

Amit Wani amitwani111 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:11:10 EDT 2014

Dear Experts,

I am trying to calculate volumes of some structures (hippocampus, cingulum
etc) in T1 anatomical images. I used JHU Talairach template (1x1x1 mm3)
available in ROIEditor as my reference image for analysis. I saved the
predefined ROIs for the structures as well.

But when i calculated the volumes of these ROIs, they look little higher.
For example, for right side of hippocampus, number of voxels are 5901
(i.e., volume 5.9 cm3). But in literature, the volumes are in the range of
2.5 - 3 cm3. Why is this difference?

Thank you,
Amit.