[Mristudio-users] [Fwd: short course]

Susumu Mori smoriw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 07:33:16 EST 2014

Hi Steen, I want to ask several questions;

1) Do you have a atlas mouse image? I guess you already have one.
2) Do you have a structure-definition (ROI) file that defines various
structures in the atlas I mentioned above (#1). If so, where did it come
from? How many structures are defined?
3) If you could successfully transform subject->atlas or atlas->subject, it
is straightforward to apply the transformation matrix to the ROI file (#2).
If the resolution of the subject and atlas are different, the
transformation is most likely two-step: first AIR (linear) and then
non-linear (LDDMM). These two matrices can be combined to achieve one-shot
transformation. This process is described in the "Getting Started" at
https://www.mristudio.org/wiki/user_manual/diffeomap.
4) This transformation should preserve the object list information (as Xin
mentioned) but as long as you have a look-up table, you can always decode
the meaning of the Object numbers. Please make sure to use "nearest
neighbor" interpolation for the ROI file. The assigned number for each
structure is arbitrary. You don't create "Object #2" in between "Object #1"
and "Object #3" after the ROI file warping.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Susumu