[Mristudio-users] Dicom files converted from Varian scanner won't concatenate - please advise

Lauren Chaby Chaby at psu.edu
Mon Sep 23 13:53:15 EDT 2013

 Dear All,

 We are attempting to do fiber tracking in DTI Studio with scans of a rat
brain collected with a Agilent scanner. To start simple, we acquired one 3D
dataset with b=0 and 6 others using the Jones gradient table with b=1000.
We were able to convert the fdf files from the Agilent scanner into dicom
files using the new Agilent file conversion tool. Those files can be read
into DTI Studio as Philips dicom files. Trying to run the tensor
calculations results in 'An invalid argument was encountered'. We were able
to save the 7 datasets into one e.g raw dataset using the save option in
DTI Studio, but when we read this data in, the 7 different directions won't
concatenate into a single 3D image. All 7 images are represented,
side-by-side, individually in the single data file. Again, when we then try
to do calculations or put the combined image file into float DTI Studio
won't allow this and the image becomes blank.

 Could you recommend:

   - *Another way of reading/converting the fdf files from the Varian
   scanner into DTI Studio?*

   - *Or, an alternative way of concatenating the dicom files to then read
   into DTI Studio, perhaps an external software package?*

   - *Or, another way of concatenating the dicom files in DTI Studio?*

   - *How do we need to save/reorganize the data (e.g. in Matlab) to be
   able to use DTI Sudio?*

**

Thank you very much for your time and attention. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Lauren

    Lauren E. Chaby
Ph.D. Candidate, Neuroscience
Masters student, Ecology

Pennsylvania State University, Braithwaite Lab
Neuroscience Student Society President
Center for Brain, Behavior, and Cognition Student Leader
222 Forest Resources Building, UP
Chaby at psu.edu