[Mristudio-users] Air files in DTI studio

Rotem Saar saar.rotem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 06:57:48 EDT 2013

Dear experts,

I am a new user of DTI studio who wants to analyze my DTI data using
DTIstudio.
We use a Philip scanner 1.5T and we are working with DICOMs, 1 b0, 15
gradients and from the last one (17) we ignore. All in all - we have 714
dicoms we enter to DTIstudio.
I'm trying to understand what (and how many) registrations I need to
perform -

1) I want all the DTI images will be referenced to the b0 image. To do
that, I guss I need to mark the first gradient in my list (which is the b0)
for reference image, under "automatic image registration". Under "images to
be registered" I will take all my DTI gradients. I marked the Affine
transformation, and it seemed to work.

2) Now, what happens if I want to take the created data on AIR format as
created in the last step (I did not mark the "create new images" under
"automatic image registration" on purpose) and register it to the
anatomical data, *and only then *- calculate the tensor ? Should I now
define the reference image as one of the anatomical images, and under
"images to be registered" take all the Air DTI gradients (created in step
1) ?

I read the tutorial, watched all your videos, even read in *.doc file on
the net and went to read qs in the forum hopping to find answers - but with
no luck.

If you will be able to specified the steps I need to perform / direct me to
the place I can find detailed instructions on "automatic image
registration" this will help allot !!

Thank you so much for your help,