[Mristudio-users] Inconsistent finding of tract FA in DTIstudio and Matlab

Dorian P. alb.net at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 14:43:08 EDT 2013

Hi MRIstudio team,

I am doing some tractography and getting FA for tracts, but these do not
correspond to the average FA of the voxels of the tract. In DTIstudio I use
the Statistics button and move FA on the right box to get "Mean of ImgVal".
Then I save the tract binary map and the FA map (Analyze format). When I
open these images in Matlab and obtain the average FA of the tract, the
values are not the same with DTIstudio.

At this point I need to ask how does the "Statistics" button calculate Mean
of ImgVal?

Thank you for this and the previous answers.

Dorian
TJU