[Mristudio-users] Question about map file operations

Deepa Krishnaswamy deepa.krishnaswamy1 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 14:09:51 EDT 2013

Hi,
This is a follow up question from an e-mail I sent about two weeks ago
about track segmentation.
I have been comparing results of fiber tracks using two different methods.
The first method uses the map files to specify the ROI operations in
DTIStudio. These tracks were then saved and converted to .trk format. The
second method converts the ROIs from dat to nii, and the whole brain track
is converted to .trk format. The fiber tracks are then extracted using
custom made functions. I have noticed slight differences between the
results of the tracks, the most apparent being the CST when all of the ROIs
are used. For instance, I could see with MATLAB, 1245 fibers were
extracted, and with DTI Studio the number is 1009. Has a similar issue been
encountered by anyone?
Thanks,

Deepa