[Mristudio-users] Regarding gradient table

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Fri Apr 12 19:10:01 EDT 2013

Hi Santosh,

If the gradient table is wrong, all calculation would be wrong.
There is a mistake that could be corrected after the calculation but it is
only when the +/- sign of entire column (say, y-component column) of the
table is wrong. In this case, I think FA/MD are not affected but the vector
signs are flipped. So you can flip the sign of the y-components before
tracking. This rule is, however, no longer valid when you do gradient table
rotation for oblique-imaging or you rotate the image for image registration.