[Mristudio-users] Eddy currents correction

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Sat Feb 2 15:29:33 EST 2013

Eddy current causes image distortion including translation, scaling, and
sheering.
patient motion causes image translation and rotation.

Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish translation by eddy current and
patient motion.

Both (eddy and motion) cause image registration issue, which are
simultaneously corrected by post-processing image registration.
If you use "rigid transformation" for the post-processing image
registration, you can correct only translation and rotation (motion and a
part of eddy current distortion).
If you use "affine", in theory, you can correct all of them at once.