[Mristudio-users] orientation and direction!

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Jun 7 08:40:20 EDT 2012

What you wrote doesn't make sense to me.
"direction" and "orientation" are the same thing. So, if your protocol uses
"30 different directions", that is "30 different orientations", not "six
different orientations". To do DTI you need at least 6 directions
(orientations).

>From these measurements, a vector (fiber orientation) can be measured for
each pixel. The unit vector has x, y, z components, which is visualized by
the three principal colors.