[Mristudio-users] Mean ADC map

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Wed Apr 18 14:01:39 EDT 2012

For ADC, please use "Trace". If you divide this by 3, it is what people
usually call "Mean Diffusivity", or "Average Diffusion Constant". Because
there are several nomenclature with inconsistent usage, we decided to use
"trace" which has no ambiguity. The mean ADC in the old version of
DtiStudio is "mean apparent diffusion constant" which is the mean of all
the "apparent (not average) diffusion constants" along various diffusion
encoding directions. I strongly recommend to use trace, not the "mean ADC"
in the older version.