[Mristudio-users] Question regarding b-value

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Wed Apr 18 13:57:50 EDT 2012

Hi Maya,

It is expected that diffusion constant like Eig is inverse proportional to
the b-value such that b x diffusion constant is a constant.
If you type in non-physical number like negative b, I believe (Hangyi
please correct me if I'm wrong) DtiStudio use b=1.
In your case, b x D = 1.1812.

If you use b=1 for all the past data, you can simply divide the number with
b=700. This is the case of all the numbers with the diffusion constant unit
(mm^2/s) like Eigs, mean diffusivity, trace, etc. I believe the unit-less
numbers such as FA is not affected.

Susumu