[Mristudio-users] can I use the neonatal brain atlas in ROIEDITOR?

kenichioishi koishi at mri.jhu.edu
Sun Nov 20 09:31:57 EST 2011

Dear Maya,

Thank you for your interest in our neonatal atlas.
Please visit
http://cmrm.med.jhmi.edu/
then click 'Atlas' then 'Neonate brain atlas' in the leftmost column.
After registration, you can download our neonatal atlas.
You can normalize your image to this atlas using DiffeoMap (or whatever software you want, including SPM or FSL).
The Diffeomap will output 2 transformation matrices at the same time. One is a Kimap (transformation from your image to the template) and the other is an Hmap (transformation from the template to your image).
You can normalize you image to the template space by applying the Kimap to your image.
If you want to overlay our parcellation map to your image in original space, you can apply Hmap to our parcellation map to create the parcellation map in your original space.
To measure scalar values (e.g., FA, MD, etc) of each structure (parcel), you can use the ROIeditor.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kenichi Oishi
Kenichi Oishi, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
koishi at mri.jhu.edu