[Mristudio-users] Using ROI for tractography

Joanne Lin joanne.lin at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 9 23:24:06 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have a question about saving ROIs from ROIEditor and then using them for tractography.

I was hoping to perform tractography for each of my participants, but because my anatomy knowledge is limited, I wanted to avoid having to manually delineating regions.  I have processed the data so the JHU_MNI_SS_WMPM_TypeII is in diffusion space; my question is this - is it valid to use one (or more) of these atlas-defined structures as ROIs for tractography?

If so, how can I isolate and save one (or more) of the atlas regions as a single ROI on its own?  I have tried 'hide all' and unhiding the one/s I am interested it but it doesn't appear to work.  Apart from deleting all of the (many) structures I'm not interested in, is there a way to do this properly?

Also, is 'binary map' the best format to save ROIs to use in fibre tracking?

Any advice greatly appreciated.  Thank you kindly for your help!

Kind regards,
Jo

Joanne Lin
BPharm (Hons), RegPharmNZ