[Mristudio-users] ADC map from DTIstudio

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Fri Oct 21 21:02:28 EDT 2011

The ADC in DtiStudio is "Apparent Diffusion Constant"
If your b-table has a 30-orientation scheme, you get 30 ADC maps. Suppose
the first line of the b-table is [1, 0, 0], then the first ADC is "apparent
diffusion constant" along X.

Obviously, we hardly use any of ADC values calculated in DtiStudio. If you
want "Average Diffusion Constant", then "Trace" is what you want which is 3
x "Average diffusion constant". In other words, if you divide Trace by 3,
you get "average diffusion constant".