[Mristudio-users] LDDMM for Hematoma

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 23:02:30 EDT 2011

Hi Dr. Mori,

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply.  It is good to know I am on the
right track by using the DWI image.  I am confused by this line: "You can't
change the contrast ad hoc for LDDMM."  Does this mean that I can only use
the B0, Trace, and FA images whenever I do the LDDMM registration?  I
skullstripped both the template and subject DWI images.  My thinking was to
use the skullstripped DWI images to drive the linear transformation, and
then (assuming a good AIR registration) use the linearly-registered subject
DWI image and the template DWI image to get a Kimap file that I could apply
to the rest of the linearly-registered subject images.  I would do this for
this entire cohort of 17 subjects.

Or am I to read your response to mean that I should only do a linear
registration on the subjects and then stop there without doing an LDDMM
transformation?  Or do I use the DWI image for the AIR, and then use the FA
and Trace for the LDDMM?  Some of the subjects have hematomas in about
10-15% of the brain, so it is a significant region.

Thank you very much!
Jeff