[Mristudio-users] checkered artifact

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Aug 4 16:32:23 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, this is a typical artifact we see in many EPI/DTI data. I
think it's a truncation error, but not sure. If it is a truncation error, it
may decrease by making the image matrix larger, but it causes loss of SNR
and larger deformation. So you win some and lose some. I personally like to
use a smaller matrix (use only the echoes with enough SNR) and take the
artifacts as part of the game....