[Mristudio-users] DTI acquisition

Jeff McIntosh jeffm at mqmi.com.au
Tue Jul 26 22:42:29 EDT 2011

Would always use the parallel imaging options for EPI scans especially at 3T.

There are numerous articles that validate these methods as been more preferable. Siemens does also have some literature that supports this.

The main issue is the choice of technique, Siemens does emphasise the GRAPPA techniques as it does have fewer reconstruction artefacts but mSENSE may potential have a slight SNR advantage. You are using a SKYRA which is a great scanner it would be more beneficial if you are using the 32 Channel coil but take into account 3t has less SNR deep penetration so if you increase your parallel imaging factors to much your will strip out a disproportionality  large amounts of SNR centrally as compared to peripheral areas.

Kind Regards

Jeff McIntosh
Head of MRI and Research

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC4C59.0656E4A0]

MACQUARIE MEDICAL IMAGING
Macquarie University Hospital
Ground Floor, 3 Technology Place
Macquarie University NSW 2109
P  02 9430 1108   F  02 9430 1199   M   041 477 1016
www.mqmi.com.au<http://www.mqmi.com.au>