[Mristudio-users] DTI acquisition

Joanne Lin joanne.lin at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 26 22:18:42 EDT 2011

Hi MriStudio users,

Apologies for this question that's outside the analysis tools, but I was hoping to draw on your expertise regarding parallel imaging for DTI.

I am starting a new trial and trying to decide on acquisition parameters.  We are using a 3 T Siemens Skyra system and acquiring EPIs for DTI and task fMRI, along with T1-weighted MPRAGE.

For parallel imaging (iPAT), there is the option to use GRAPPA or mSENESE - default is GRAPPA.

I realise that acquisition times of EPIs are not directly affected by iPAT, however it is meant to improve geometric distortion around sinuses etc but at a cost - up to 30% signal loss.  I am having trouble deciding whether to leave iPAT off - more SNR but possibly more distortion, or is the trade-off for less distortion and less signal worth it?

Best regards,
Jo

Joanne Lin

BPharm (Hons), RegPharmNZ