[Mristudio-users] Mean FA

Linda Lanyon llanyon at eyecarecentre.org
Fri Jul 15 18:14:22 EDT 2011

Is there a way in DTI Studio (or MRI Studio) to find a mean tract position for a bundle of fibers along the same pathway, and then to calculate mean FA along that tract (preferably divided into segments along the tract)?

The only method I can find in DTI Studio is to reduce the tracts down to a selected few and then perform statistics, which gives mean FA. - just wondering if there is a way to get the mean tract as I've seen this published with other software.

Thanks!
Linda

Linda Lanyon PhD BSc(Hons) CEng CITP MBCS
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Post Doctoral Research Fellow
University of British Columbia, Human Vision & Eye Movement Laboratory
VGH Eye Care Centre, 3rd Floor Research Labs
2550 Willow St, Vancouver
Phone: +1-604-675-8865
Cell: +1-778-378-5545
Fax: +1 604-875-4663
email: llanyon at eyecarecentre.org
web: http://www.neuroophthalmology.ca/UBCNeuroOp/JBarton/labstaff/Linda.htm

Director, Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology: www.scwist.ca
SCWIST is a non-profit association that promotes, encourages and empowers women
and girls in science, engineering and technology.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
Albert Einstein