[Mristudio-users] Obtaining tract volume data

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu May 19 14:56:02 EDT 2011

If you are using DICOM, one of the common culprits is the mismatch
between your gradient table and the number of of the images.

Please read the images first by Mri3DView. Check the image dimensions
and the number of 3D volumes.

Then make sure the number of the 3D volumes exactly match the row of
your gradient table. in your case, there should be 260 3D images to
load and 260 rows in the table.

Another common issue is the shortage of RAM. If you are using a 32-bit
operating system, it may not be able to process your large data, no
matter how much RAM you have. To check it, limit the number of the
slices to process in the opening data input window of DtiMapping (e.g.
slice 0-4). If your calculation runs through with this limited number
of slices, then it is the RAM shortage. Then the only solution is to
migrate to a 64-bit operating system.