[Mristudio-users] Applying Hmap and Kimap

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 22:02:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I was reading a post from February 2010 titled "apply transformation to
landmarkers & command file" and wanted to ask one more question about it.
 The poster is asking how to apply the Kimap outside of DiffeoMap, mainly
Matlab.  Can someone please explain to me the format of the Kimap and Hmap
Transformations?  What do you guys mean when you say Vector (x, y, z)
x X-dimension
x Y-dimension x Z-dimension?  When I loaded up my Kimap into matlab as a
binary file, the first six values after the header were:

  1.0e+031 *

   7.800029524490799
   0.000000000022612
   0.000001498922010
   0.000000000000000
   0.000001839432419
   0.000000000000000

My image was 181 x 217 x 181.  Thank you very much,
Jeff Sadino

The original post is below:

1. One thing I need to note is that the transformation matrix I have is
a "final" combined matrix of AIR rigid, AIR affine, and LDDMM K map (so it
should be in the raw data format). Can I extract the "vector" information at
the specified location in this transformation matrix? And how?

Hello Yi,

As Susumu said, transformation matrices contain vectors at each coordinate,
indicating where is the new location. The structure is Vector (x, y, z) x
X-dimension x Y-dimension x Z-dimension. You may write matlab code to
extract the vector information.