[Mristudio-users] DiffeoMap Interpolation Accuracy

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 00:26:03 EDT 2011

Thank you Hangyi and Susumu for your quick and, as always, detailed replies,
and my apologies for the unclear question.  Please let me give some more
details.

Our current workflow is as follows:
DTI Studio: to create FA, ADC, etc. maps.
DiffeoMap: AIR registration of FA, ADC, etc., to JHU templates (which
resamples), then LDDMM registration to JHU templates.  Apply Kimap.
ROIEditor: Extract FA, ADC, etc on the subject image (now in template space)
using the Type II WMPM atlas.

One of the ROIs we found significiant was the Nigra.  Our original image
slice was 4.6mm thick with a .4mm gap.  The Nigra from the Type II WMPM is
only 6mm thick.  After reading your comments, I would generalize my question
as: is there a minimum ROI threshold size that I should be using, relative
to the size of my acquisition voxels?  If we can throw some of the smaller
ROIs out, it would also help with multiple comparisons.  If it was your
paper, would you include the Nigra, considering the original slice
dimensions?  Perhaps this is one area where manual ROI placement would be
superior to autamated placement.

Thank you very much,
Jeff Sadino