[Mristudio-users] Background noise level

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Mon Nov 29 11:02:34 EST 2010

The brain masking by a simple threshold does not guarantee suppression of
all extra-cranial signals. It is very common that a threshold level that
doesn't mask any brain tissues leave some pixels outside the brain.
If you want a very clean brain extraction, you can try region growing or
skull-strip tools in RoiEditor or other software.