[Mristudio-users] Kimap, eigenvalues, and longitudinal analysis

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:53:01 EDT 2010

Hello,

Can someone please verify my understanding of how LDDMM works?  In the
DiffeoMap download, there are template images for B0, FA, etc., but none for
the eigenvalues.  Is the Kimap only valid for the images used during the
LDDMM, or can it be applied to all of the other (scaler) images as well?
Can it be applied to the eigenvalue images, or would we have to apply it to
a tensor file, load the tensor file into DTIStudio, and then recalculate the
eigenvalues?

Second, it seems like the more images/channels that are sent to the LDDMM
servers for coregistration, the better the Kimap transformation.  Is this
true?  Since we use the B0 image to drive the linear transformation for our
FA and Trace maps, which are the values we really are interested in, should
we also submit the B0 image to the LDDMM transform, or would that
"over-transform" the Kimap?

Lastly, is there anything different that we should be doing if we are doing
longitudinal analysis, or is the protocol the same as the cross-sectional
analysis?

Thank you everyone for your continued help and support!
Jeff Sadino