[Mristudio-users] Saving fiber in data file

Zhang, Aifeng azhang at psych.uic.edu
Thu Jun 17 13:48:49 EDT 2010

Dear Dr. Mori

Thanks a lot for the guidance.
Because I am interested in doing further analysis like curvature and torsion on the fiber bundles[1], I am curious about how DtiStudio bundle fibers together. And I found that in the saved fiber tracking results from DtiStudio with the option of Fiber Color as Random, it already assign fibers with RGB colors. Does each bundle assign with unique combination of RGB colors?  I am wondering if there is an algorithm that DTIstudio uses to bundle similar fibers together, like the one listed in the following paper.  and if the color is the only way to differentiate different bundles?

[1] Ding Z<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Ding%20Z%22%5BAuthor%5D>, Gore JC<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Gore%20JC%22%5BAuthor%5D>, Anderson AW<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22Anderson%20AW%22%5BAuthor%5D>. "Classification and quantification of neuronal fiber pathways using diffusion tensor MRI". Magn Reson Med.<javascript:AL_get(this,%20'jour',%20'Magn%20Reson%20Med.');> 2003 Apr;49(4):716-21.

Sincerely,
Aifeng