[Mristudio-users] Tractography: More decimal places for ADC mean values?

Helen Carlson Helen.Carlson at albertahealthservices.ca
Thu Mar 18 14:07:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I am taking FA and ADC measurements of the Cingulum and Fornix in epilepsy patients using tractography in DTI Studio. I have noticed that the ADC values of the selected fibres in the Cingulum are in the region of 0.0007 but that this measurement only goes to 4 decimal places. In order to detect any differences in ADC across patient groups I would need more decimal places.

I have clicked the statistics profile button in the Fiber Statistics window and have gotten a list of ADC values for each slice with a greater number of decimal places (i.e., 7.11e-004 which I assume is 0.000711) for my tract.

So my question is, can I take the mean of all these values in the Statistics Profile window (for a given slice orientation) and use that as my mean ADC value for the selected tract?

OR is there an easier way for me to get the mean ADC for a selected fiber tract with a greater number of decimal places?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Helen.

Helen Carlson, Ph.D.
Neuropsychology
Department of Neurosciences
Alberta Children's Hospital
2888 Shaganappi Trail NW, Calgary

This message and any attached documents are only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, retransmission, or other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and then delete the original message. Thank you.