[Mristudio-users] CC in elderly patients

Dafna Ben Bashat dafnab at tasmc.health.gov.il
Sat Mar 13 16:42:19 EST 2010

Dear Susumu,

I would like to thank you and all other, for the detailed answers.

The interpretation of the data is indeed problematic, since in some
patients we get the CC in the u shape and in other we don't. It seems
that the comparison of the mean values of FA, MD and eigen values of the
CC, is wrong. In addition, the parameter of the size of the CC obtained
from the number of fibers in the reconstructed fiber is also unreliable.
We found it to be highly dependent on the one who make the tractography,
while the mean of the other parameters are much more repeatable.

Thanks again

Dafna

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation

Dafna Ben Bashat Ph.D.

Senior Physicist, In charge of MR systems

The Wohl institute for Advanced Imaging

Brain Imaging Center

Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center

Phone: 972-3-6973953 (o)          Fax: 972-3-6973080

       972-52-4262515 (m)        Mail: dafnab at tasmc.health.gov.il