[Mristudio-users] CC in elderly patients

Jun Yi Wang junyiwang2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 11:52:25 EST 2010

Hi Dafna,

I only have a few subjects in 80s, but I have subjects from 16-65 years old.  I do see a substantial decrease of the amount of corpus callosum fibers projecting towards the cortex as we age.  Some fibers still project to the cortex although a lot of them project downwards instead.  I don't know whether this is caused by aging or DTI artifacts such as the termination of line propagation because of the lower FA or the crossing fiber issue.

Jun Yi Wang

Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Fragile X Research and Treatment Center
UC Davis M.I.N.D. Institute