[Mristudio-users] FA values and define ROI

7by3 at queensu.ca 7by3 at queensu.ca
Sun Feb 28 23:19:29 EST 2010

Dear users:

We are doing a DTI project and
planning to use DTIstudio. I have some questions hope you could help me
answer.

1. How could I define ROI? (we are interested in the DMN
brain structures, such as medial prefrontal cortex, medial temporal
lobe, PCC etc). I just do not know how can I find these areas in the
brain? Is there anyway that brain regions could be marked in the brain?
Do I need to use atlas or I can just find it from DTI studio? (Hope it
makes sense)

2. I want to get FA values. After clicking
tensor, color map etc. tab from DTImap. I could not find FA values.
Could you let me know how and where to find these FA values?

3.
We are also looking at the fiber tract. For example, we want to look at
the fiber tract from PCC to medial temporal lobe. Therefore, we need to
find the seed region PCC. But how can I find the location of PCC in the
brain? (this question is similar to question 1).

Could you help me with these questions?

Thank you!

Bing